Friday, February 20, 2015

Rinehart 9 Inch Field Target Review



rinehart rft cu

The 9 inch Rinehart Field Target, or RFT for short, is a target that was designed to be taken anywhere. Rinehart's website proclaims the RFT, the ultimate go-anywhere practice partner.

Hannah and I use ours behind our house on an old abandoned railway line. It is a breeze to carry with you.

rinehart rft cu and 18 - 1
It's made out of the same stuff as the Rinehart 18 - 1. I've had my 18 - 1 for 10 years, and it's still stopping arrows today, so I'm confident that this 'toss'able version will last for awhile.

It's got a heavier flat base, they say it has a lump of sand in there. This is to insure that the RFT always lands upright and ready. The RFT was made to be thrown.

sexy hannah gart shoots bow
Stump shooting is great, but in my experience, if you're loosing expensive arrows regularly, you won't go that often. Instead of looking for stumps to shoot, that could be thick on all sides with brush and undergrowth, now I'm looking for suitable backdrops that will stop my arrows if I miss this portable target. I find missing to be inevitable...

I'm shooting 50 pounds of draw with a 125 grain field point, and the RFT can easily stop my arrows. It was built to withstand the much faster feet per second modern compounds and crossbows, so all of you shooting traditional equipment will not shoot through this little target.


rinehart field target
You just can't beat such a versatile little target for under 40 bucks. I ordered mine from 3Rivers Archery supply and I got them within a week. Throw it in the car, or down a hill, the Rinehart Field Target will always land on its base, and always give you something to shoot at.
rinehart field target 2
For archery instinct this is Edward Seaton, reviewing the 9 inch Rinehart Field Target. Thanks for watching.
rinehart field target 3


Blog post written by Edward Seaton