Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Rinse and Repeat Target.

Targets are expensive, and often the reason the new archers lose interest in the sport. It's hard to justify expensive targets when the budget is tight. This guy had a great solution for his indoor practice range. Joe Walford posted this picture to facebook and gave us a thumbs up to blog about it! Thanks Joe.

Joe writes, "Best indoor target set up that you can do, 1 foot deep with heavy wire on the front, filled with recycled clothes. covered with some cardboard. I then hang some paracord from the ceiling with a heavy object on the end then tie it around a water bottle and swing it back-and-forth to have a moving target."

When I looked at this simple design I immediately thought of a role of chicken wire that I have stashed under the house, but apparently chicken wire has a tendency to shave your arrows down.

"I originally made it with chicken wire but found that I was cutting through the chickenwire once in a while, after doing this a few times I would pull my wooden arrows out and it would curve down the side of the shafts. This steel comes in a 4 x 8 sheet and it made for placing in concrete, cost $13 at Home Depot and should last forever."

Thanks again, Joe Walford. Cool idea.